A Mess Free Life may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
I remember the day I first heard about the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. I had recently been awarded a large apartment complex cleaning gig and the staff was complaining about how dirty the apartments were.
I was trying to figure out a way to cut down on the amount of time it was taking them to clean each unit when I stumbled upon the Magic Erasers.
One clean and I was hooked.
No more scrubbing and sweating and swearing – just a little rub, rub, rub and poof, it’s clean.
I’m not kidding when I say these Magic Erasers truly work miracles.
There are so many uses for magic eraser I could think of and have been tested, and they’re only about a buck apiece if you purchase them at a local store.
You can get them much cheaper on Amazon.com. Here are a few samples of what I found when searching for these wonderful little cleaning tools:
If you don’t care about name brands, you can buy ‘magic’ like sponges for around 50% less!
- These foam-like pads are lightweight and resemble pieces of styrofoam.
- They are made of a porous melamine foam or material which makes it super easy to get into hard-to-clean surfaces and tiny grooves.
- All it takes is some water to moisten the eraser. No other cleaning chemicals needed, although I have been known to use them with chemicals and they clean even better.
Over the years, I discovered many uses for the magic eraser. This is just a partial list of all the things you can clean with them.
Related: Deep Cleaning Your Kitchen the Easy, Professional Way
My Favorite Magic Eraser Uses
- remove scuff marks from floors, doors, and baseboards
- remove hairspray on baseboards and door panels of cabinets and doors
- clean scuffs off tennis shoes
- clean the textured plastic parts of the computer monitor, keyboard & mouse
- remove set-in stains from ceramic drink coasters
- remove dried paint from door hinges
- remove mold & mildew from anything plastic
- clean & polish gold jewelry
- remove marks on walls
- clean splatters inside the microwave (makes it super easy!)
- remove marks on vinyl siding
- remove adhesive residue after removing stickers
- remove waterline mark around the pool
- remove hair dye from countertops & floors (works really well)
- clean light-colored suede
- clean the outdoor side of window sills
- clean plastic coolers inside and out
- remove rust spots & stains on the countertop
Related: 12 Habits of People Who Always Have A Clean Home
- remove soot off the walls near the fireplace
- clean within the grooves of lawn ornaments
- clean range hood over the stove
- remove nail polish spills or stains
- clean air bake cookie sheets & bakeware
- clean oven shelves & the grates on the grill
- remove wet nose marks from pets on the windows (makes cleaning the window a breeze)
- remove toothpaste splashes from bathroom mirrors
- remove melted plastic on the side of the toaster oven
- remove green mildew from siding and gutters
- remove built-up algae, water deposits, etc from ceramic flower pots
- clean dish drainers that have lime and build-up
- remove coffee & tea stains that remain inside a mug
- clean the plastic agitator inside your washing machine
- clean window screens (even when they are still in the window)
- remove built-up baked-on grease inside the deep fryer
- clean inside the crockpot
- remove melted plastic on a glass top stove
- clean swimming pool steps
- remove baked-on brown spots on cookware
- clean vinyl striping on motor homes, vans, boats
- clean pebbled surfaces like the outside of a plastic cooler
- remove grass stains from shoes
- remove scuff marks from hangers/shoes in the walk-in closet
- clean oven door
- remove soap scum and gunk from around the bathroom faucets
- clean stained caulking along with the kitchen sink & countertop
- clean your bicycle, even the tires & rim
- clean inside your car (along with the handles, window ledge, armrests, dashboard) (love using them in my car)
- remove stains on leather seats, purses, chairs, etc.
- remove food stains inside plastic food containers
- remove brake dust from tire rims
- remove dirt and grime on a vinyl convertible top
- remove nail polish from walls, carpets, wooden objects, plastic
- remove soil or scuff marks from ceramic tile flooring
- clean non-skid surfaces with tiny grooves (bathtub floors, refrigerator handles, pool steps, cooler lids)
- clean & shine bathroom faucets & fixtures
- remove magic marker, permanent marker, and ballpoint ink from virtually any surface
- clean doll faces
- clean textured handles on major appliances (dishwasher, refrigerator, stove)
- remove fingerprints and dirt on light-colored kitchen cupboards
- remove crayon marks from walls
- remove dirt from plastic trash cans
- remove dark paint on the light-colored carpet (works like a charm)
- clean soap scum and oils from the hot tub
- clean a car’s vinyl interior (gets into the tiny crinkles in the vinyl armrest, etc.)
- clean white porch railings, columns & pillars
- remove bugs from car windshield, grille, and bumper
- remove paint scratches on your car from minor fender benders
- remove rust and corrosion that’s built-up on the outside of pipes (kitchen/bathroom)
- clean & shine hubcaps
- remove built-up grime on the car steering wheel
- remove built-up gunk from vinyl seats
- remove tar from your car’s paint
I’m sure there are countless other Mr. Clean Magic Eraser that I might have missed.
The bottom line – you can use them almost anywhere. They work like magic!