A Mess Free Life may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Most of us are really great at surface cleaning. You know, the tops of the counters, the outside of the fridge, the floors, the inside of the bowl. But what about all the hidden places all around your house that is never cleaned?
I bet you don’t even realize all the spots around the house that you’re missing.
There are more places than you think, and this is the most comprehensive list out there.
Fasten your seat belts! The list will blow you away!
Things You Should Be Cleaning Regularly
- The grease and dust on the stove hood and fan filter
- The water reservoir of your coffee pot or tea kettle
- The rubber seal on the fridge and freezer doors
- The rubber seal of your dishwasher
- Inside and under the compartments of your refrigerator
- The inside and top of cabinet doors (particularly under the sink where you keep your trash)
- All surfaces of your filtered water pitcher
- The dishwasher filter
- The crumb tray of your toaster
- Under the refrigerator
- Under the stove
- The space between your stove and counter
- Your automatic coffee maker
- The refrigerator coils
- Inside of your kitchen trash can
- Inside of the oven
- The kick plates under the cabinet
- Knick-knacks on top of kitchen cabinets
- Top of kitchen cabinets
- Dish rack or dish mat
- Around the sink and shower faucets handles
- The walls particularly around the toilet
- Toothbrush holder, cup, soap holder, etc
- The outside of the toilet and tank (all the way to the floor!)
- The toilet paper holder
- The towel rack
- The shower curtain and curtain liner
- Inside the medicine cabinet or another storage unit
- The vents in your jetted tub
- Bath mats
- Shower drain
- Bathroom light and fan
- Your pillows
- Your mattress
- Inside your closet
- Your duvet cover
All Around The House
- Dusty fans and air conditioners
- Filters for air conditioner, air purifiers and dehumidifiers
- Light Fixtures
- Light bulbs
- Ceiling Fans
- Door handles
- Light Switches and covers
- Outlet covers
- Tops of chairs and couches
- Tops of doors and window frames
- Vacuum filters
- Patio furniture
- Outside garbage cans
- Telephones including cell phones
- TV remotes and game controllers
- Heating and AC Vents
- Door locks and around them
- BBQ grill
- Books (dust them too!)
- Window Treatments
- Personal electronics
- Washer and dryer
Whee, that was a long list! Of course, many things on this list will be done seasonally like cleaning your patio furniture and making your BBQ grill sparkling clean. But many others on this list should be done regularly if you want to maintain as clean of a home as possible.
I know for my family and me, we fail miserably on cleaning under the hood of the stove and the filters too!
If you struggle with remembering these things too, you’ll want to schedule them during certain times of the year like either your spring or fall cleaning. Other items you’ll want to put on the calendar for a monthly clean.
No matter when you do it, just remember to put it on the radar screen, so these items get cleaned regularly.
Love It? Pin It!