Who doesn’t love to save money on groceries and everyday items needed for your family? But coupon cutting can be time-consuming. What if there was a money saving app that could eliminate the coupon cutting but helped you saved money on almost everything you need to purchase for your family? Look no further – I’ll show you how to save money with Ibotta.
Save Money With Ibotta
With the cost of food and other goods on the rise and wages stagnant for many, finding ways to cut down on the grocery budget (well, the entire budget) is always high on my list and if you’re anything like me, I know it’s high on your list too. By using your smartphone, you don’t have to clip coupons if you don’t want too (although I have some sweet high-value coupons you can grab at the end of this post).
Here’s a list of nonspecific brand coupons available right now on Ibotta:$0.25 on any brand shredded cheese
$0.10 any brand onions
$0.10 any brand loose apples
$0.10 any brand bananas
$0.10 any brand bacon
Of course, they have other rebates on national brands as well including organics. Companies like Ragu, Seventh Generation, Pampers, Hormel and more have rebates available.
Check out Ibotta to see a sampling of brand coupons available right now.
My team is pretty active, so it’s almost a no-brainer we’ll all be earning bonuses!
Cashing out is really easy too. I chose to have it transferred straight to my Pay Pal account, and the money was there within 5 minutes of hitting the cash out button.
If you’re not familiar with Ibotta, there are three ways to save.
Related Money Saving Posts:
Submit a Receipt
1. Download the app onto your phone.
2. Before you go shopping, unlock cash rewards on great products by completing simple tasks.
3. Buy the products you’ve unlocked at any supported stores (they have over 323 supported stores!)
4. Scan your product barcodes, then submit a photo of your receipt.
5. Get cash deposited into your Ibotta account!
Link A Loyalty Account
Before I joined the program I was using a different app to store my brand loyalty cards and then using other apps to save money at the grocery store. With Ibotta, I was able to get rid of my brand loyalty app because Ibotta allows you to save your brand loyalty card information right in your phone. I love that I can do everything I need to do in one place with Ibotta.
1. Sign up for Ibotta – it’s quick and free!
2. Choose one of our Preferred Partners and connect either your loyalty card or phone number.
3. Before you shop, unlock cash back rewards on great products by completing simple tasks.
4. Use your loyalty card or phone number at checkout. That’s it!
5. You’ll have the cash deposited into your Ibotta account within 48 hours.
Mobile In-App Purchases
1. Before you shop, unlock cash back rewards on top apps.
2. Tap on the Launch App button from the Ibotta app.
3. Make a purchase with a top app. That’s it! You’ll receive a confirmation shortly that the rebate is pending.
That’s it! Three great ways to save money on the things you need. I love Ibotta for groceries, but you can use it for purchases you make at stores like Target too.
How much time does it take to use Ibotta?
By way of example, I used 9 generic brand rebates. It took me 15 seconds total to unlock one rebate because I had to watch a short video. To be honest, I barely watched the ad because I was working on my grocery list. The other rebates I just clicked and they were sent to my account. I verified the purchases in store (it took me less than a minute for all- I just kept the app up and swiped the barcodes as I put them in the cart). At home, I uploaded the receipt before I filed my receipt. In total it took less than 5 minutes to save money!
What did I save?
This week, just on the generic “any brand” offers, I saved $1.30, this would equal out to be $68 in a year, plus an additional $3.00 with traditional coupons, but I often save much more each week.
Last week, when I couponed, I’ve saved $6.70 by spending less than I usually do on groceries through couponing combined with the Ibotta app. If I kept up at that pace, I would save almost $350 a year. Not to mention team bonuses that average $60 per year.
Even, if you don’t coupon at all, and you only buy a few basic groceries a week, a very conservative estimate of $2.00 a week would lead to a yearly savings of $104. Even at that rate, you’d be eligible for team bonuses assuming the other members of your team are using the app, so add in another $2 a month and you’re up to $128/year. So joining a team is a great way to save even more!
- $0.75 off one Ken’s Steak House Dressings
- $1.00 off 2 Cascadian Farm™ Cereal or Granola
- $5.00 off one ClariSpray Nasal Allergy Spray
- $1.00 off one BC Powder 24 ct or larger product
- $1.00 off one Wisk product
- $2.00 off one MAYBELLINE NEW York Brow Product
- $3.00 off one MAYBELLINE NEW York
MY FAVORITE MONEY-SAVING TOOLS
EBATES: Want to earn cash back when you shop online? Ebates acts as a shopping portal offering coupons and cashback from over 2,000 online stores. I always check on Ebates first whenever I shop online! You can join Ebates for free and get a $10 welcome bonus when you sign up through this link.
DIGIT: Like the idea of saving but need something automatic? Digit is the perfect solution if trying to automate your savings strategy. In essence, what Digit does is use an algorithm to detect spare money and then transfers it to a secure savings account – so you’ll always have something to fall back on. Sign up for free!
GROCERY BUDGET MAKEOVER: Is your grocery budget giving you a serious kick in your families spending plan? Grocery Budget Makeover helped my family slash $6,000 a year from our food bill! Learn more about how Grocery Budget Makeover can help you save money too!