A Mess Free Life may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
What have you done for fun recently?
You know, fun. Ok, maybe it’s been a really, really long time since you’ve had a good time and you can’t remember how it’s defined or how it feels.
WHY HAVING STOPS OVERSPENDING
Paying bills, paying off debt, and putting food on the table is essential, but we shouldn’t neglect our personal well-being just because we’re expected to trudge it out at work, bring home the bacon AND fry it up in the pan! Many people throw fun out of the equation because they think adult responsibilities trump fun, or worse yet they believe that they don’t deserve to have fun.
The truth is, there’s this forgotten thing called life balance. In life, and in all that we do, there has to be a balance, and that includes work and play.
To put it plainly, having fun keeps you sane amidst the stresses and demands of daily life. When we are having fun, we naturally feel happier. Think about it: Life would be way too miserable if we were to wipe out and dismiss all aspects of fun. Could you deal with it? I sure couldn’t. And that’s precisely why I always try to inject as much fun into my life as possible.
But the sad truth is most of us are not having nearly as much fun as we should. And when we ignore this part of our life, this vital need that many of us have, shopping – whether it be in the mall or in front of the computer becomes our source of fun.
Of course, it’s costly to have fun in this way. And, it’s not nearly as rewarding, and that’s because it’s FAKE fun.
It’s not REAL fun like the fun that makes you laugh so hard your sides hurt. It’s typically done in isolation instead of with people you love to be around and who in turn love your company. It gives you a temporary good feeling, not the long lasting feeling you get from engaging in regular fun.
So, what are you going to do this weekend for fun?
Here are a few suggestions –
- Host a Game Night – Invite your friends over and grab those board games and have a game night. I’m sure it will be filled with so much laughter it makes your sides hurt.
- Go ice skating – If you live somewhere cold this should be easy to find a place to go skating, but even warmer climates have indoor rinks or those rinks that have fake ice.
- Host a girls night in – A good old fashion girls sleepover is a great way to get the friends together while you sip wine, watch a romantic comedy that only your girlfriends could appreciate while eating your favorite snakes.
- Go on a date with your beloved – If you haven’t spent any quality time with your significant other why not do so this weekend. Valentine’s day just passed and maybe you can rekindle the fire once again? **wink, wink**
- Head to the movies with the family – Find a film the whole family will love and just be together doing something you enjoy. Don’t want to spend the money? Do a movie night at home.
- Love to knit? Sew? Take photographs? – Decide this is the time to start participating in your favorite hobby. Anything that puts a smile on your face will work!
Here’s the thing – it doesn’t matter what you decide to do, just do something anything that fills your soul with joy and makes you realize when you put your head down at the end of the day just how much fun you had.