We’ve all lived long enough to have a past. Some of our past include things we’d like to keep hidden from others while some of it are right out there in the open for everyone to see. How to free yourself from the past mistakes, regrets, unfinished projects, unkind words and unresolved matters take time for sure; it can never happen overnight.
But imagine for a moment a life where there’s nothing left behind. Nothing unfinished, no regrets or worries you forgot to do something. A life where as you move through one day to the next, all situations are handled as they occur.
What would that be like?
How To Free Yourself From The Past
‘Your past does not equal your future; unless you choose to live there.’ ~ Tony Robbins
You simply cannot have a productive relationship, with others or with yourself, if you continue to dwell in the past. You must focus on the here and now and the future you are trying to create. When you leave your past behind and live in the present, you will notice that you experience happier, healthier relationships which bring greater rewards to your life and your confidence soars.
So how do we do it? How do we stop living in the past and free ourselves?
First, having unresolved issues is common. Life moves so fast we tend to go along without fully completing things. But when we do this, when we leave something uncompleted or unresolved, it affects us in the here and now.
Ask Yourself the Following Questions:
- Are there any particular situations that show up over and over again that cause you to have unresolved matters?
- Why do you let yourself have unresolved matters? What stops you? Why do you stop where you do?
- What would it be like to be clear of all unresolved matters in your life?
- How much of your life is based on what you are not clear of?
- What is the primary source of your unresolved matters?
- What needs to happen to resolve these issues?
For some of us, our unresolved issues might be tied to a person. Maybe you are angry at your father for the way he treated you as a child, and now you have these issues that have never been resolved. You harbor this anger, and it regularly gets displayed during your interactions with him.
Or it’s tied to circumstances within our control. Possibly you’re in debt, and because you don’t handle your money the way you should, you have collection agencies calling, and you’re constantly stressed about your finances.
Your weight has gotten out of control, and it’s now affecting your health. Maybe you were diagnosed with diabetes, and you know a change in diet and exercise would help you greatly.
Unresolved issues can take many forms.
What To Do To Free Yourself From The Past
I’ve spoken before about how I had to go through this self-discovery program when I was in coaching school. One of the tools we used to get clear of the past was the Clean Sweep Program.
The idea behind the program is that we have more energy when our environment, health and emotional balance, money and relationships are all operating at a high level. The program consists of 100 items in these categories that when completed give you the strength and vitality you are seeking. The program although intense, can be completed within a year if you work at it diligently.
Now I remember vividly the first time I answered the questions. My first reaction was “I’m flunking life!”
My score was so low; it was almost depressing. But it also was a great wake-up call and a reminder of the things that I wasn’t handling in my life. And, of course, those issues, because unresolved was sucking the joy out of my life and leaving me with lots of unresolved matters
So I started on this quest to tie up all the loose ends in my life and see if it really made a difference.
Boy did it ever!
One of the greatest benefits was creating new ways of handling issues, so they were completed the first time. I learned to be more thorough.
Let’s take for example something pretty mundane like washing your car. Clean Sweep asks that you be thorough which includes being meticulous (washing everything inside and out), excellence (using the best products for the job, and doing an excellent job) and permanence (doing whatever it takes to eliminate all possible future problems with your car).
Because I had a strong enough desire to remove all possible future problems and handled it completely when doing tasks, I enjoyed many benefits.
1. I had more confidence: Because I was taking the time to be thorough (like taking care of my car), it translated into other areas of my life.
2. I had more time: Because I was willing to put in the effort on the upfront, I ended saving time in the long run.
3. I had fewer problems: Because I was addressing what needed to be done and doing it thoroughly, I had fewer problems.
4. I had more opportunities: Now I don’t know if this was just a fluke, and my intuition tells me it wasn’t, but I had more opportunities presented to me. Maybe these opportunities were always there, but I was unable to see them because I was running around putting out all the fires in my life. But either way, those opportunities were wonderful.
Do you think the Clean Sweep program is something you’d like to try? Would you like to finally be clear of the past so you have more time, energy and happiness in your life? If you’d like to start the Clean Sweep Program just click the box below and get started!
If you have any questions as you begin the program, feel free to drop me a line and I’ll do my best to answer any questions you might have.
Clean Sweep was a game changer for me, and to this day, I continue to implement the valuable lessons I learned by doing the program. I know it can help you get clear of the past and move forward with a fresh perspective and more energy to live your life in the here and now.